Subtitle:

An Opinionated Daddy's View of Life

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Geezer is as Geezer Does

Since I started, "Buck-up, Princess," every year on my birthday I've written a post discussing how I feel.  Last year I wrote a piece called, "Pre-Geezer No Longer ."

This year I think I am doing the full geezer. My reasons for thinking this:

1)I haven't been on a decent date in two years;
2)The boys (those few) who show interest, are seriously too young for me to consider;
3)I am starting to have to force myself stay awake until 10pm;
4)I have serious 'old dude' body these days;
5)I figured out the exact date I could retire (an early retirement, granted, but still);
6)It takes too much energy to hook up.

Of course, I am not really as boring as this stuff might sound, but I end up doing some of this boring stuff is because I am single, as I don't have an activity partner who makes me want to stay up doing fun stuff, but still.  I can't tell if these things will fleeting, I mean, I am only 51 after all and all of my parts still work quite well, thank you.  But being on the north side of 50 really makes me think.

One the negative side, well, see my list above.  On the positive side: I love the little house by the big lake.  My crazy dog still drives me up the wall, but I love her.  I like my every more graying hair (though, even some of my friends and co-workers are starting to admit I am not making it up that it is thinning). 

They say that aging gracefully takes work.  I keep trying....

At least, that is what THIS DADDY thinks.


Itchy & The geezer - I came to London and smoked some weed

No comments:

Post a Comment