Subtitle:

An Opinionated Daddy's View of Life

Sunday, April 8, 2012

There Never Was A Baby Like My Baby

'I love being partnered. I'd love to be partnered again. But I just can't find him, not anywhere, not even close.' Elaine Stritch, in her show, "Elaine Stritch at Liberty":

There never was a baby like my bady
No other baby ever had that smile
Since he's gone, I just can't be a cry baby
Cause my baby made life worthwhile

There never was another guy or doll baby
Who looked exactly like my valentine
He was specially designed for me
And if you want his double, brother are you in trouble

Never no never, a baby, like mine

There never was another doll or guy baby
who looked like my valentine
He was specially designed for me
And if you want his double, brother are you in trouble

Never no never a baby like mine.

From: Two on the Aisle is a musical revue with a book and lyrics by Betty Comden and Adolph Green and music by Jule Styne. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_on_the_Aisle

http://www.myspace.com/ellafitzgerald/music/songs/there-never-was-a-baby-like-my-baby-42008434

Happy Birthday, Sam. 28. Yow, that is old, gosh!

No comments:

Post a Comment