Subtitle:

An Opinionated Daddy's View of Life

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Younger Than Spring Time...

Have you ever taken the time to think about why it is you are attracted to whom you find attractive? I don't mean, why you are gay, or anything. That is just how you are. I mean, being gay is just your nature, so, that is a given. But what is it that makes you lust after bears, or twinks, or redheads, etc.

Dictionary.com defines the word imprint this way:
im·print [n. im-print; v. im-print] Show IPA
noun
1. a mark made by pressure; a mark or figure impressed or printed on something.
2. any impression or impressed effect: He left the imprint of his thought on all succeeding scholars.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/imprint?s=ts

I think to whom we are attracted (again, not the fact that we like guys, but the type of guys we like) comes from an 'imprint' that happens at a critical stage in our development as sexual beings. I can't tell you for certain why it is that I like guys with nice feet, that imprinting happened far too long ago for me to remember. I can tell you with certainty, though, not only from where my attraction for guys that are my 'type' comes from, but the actually individual who set the imprint: John Kerr (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0449734/ or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Kerr_actor).

John Kerr was an actor who played, " 2LT Joseph Cable, USMC " in the movie version of, "South Pacific". Tall, slender, almost slight, at an early age (7 perhaps) I know he made my 'fun parts' tingle. After seeing him wonder around shirtless and barefoot, then making love' to Liat (a beautiful, Pacific Islander girl played by, France Nuyen), I was hooked.

Would it be nice if my 'imprint' was someone different, Dick Butkus, say, sure. Being chunky, hairy, and older, it is the type after which I am expected to lust. Sometimes does chemistry trump type, sure (see an earlier piece called, "The Tyranny of Type"). But the heart wants what the heart wants (or in this case, the d*ck wants what the d*ck wants).

In my case, what the heart (or d*ck) wants is a taller, skinny, lean, almost slight guy, with nice feet. Damn you, John Kerr! Damn you to h*ll!

At least, that is what THIS DADDY thinks.



Uploaded by on May 24, 2011
The classic 1958 Rogers & Hammerstein movie. Rights belong to MGM and 20th Century Fox and others.

Author's note: don't get the wrong idea, I have no interest in being the, "Liat." I want someone who looks like John Kerr to be the Liat to my 2LT Cable.

No comments:

Post a Comment