Subtitle:

An Opinionated Daddy's View of Life

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Rude is As Rude Does

Another of my myriad diatribes on the topic of rudeness by people to others whom they do not know.

Below are messages I received in response to my profile on website I frequent:

From Lustysex (http://www.adam4adam.com/?p=Lustysex)
Sunday, January 15, 2012 12:53 PM
Why do you continue to project a negative image for the Navy. The Navy uniform is
sacred and professional.

From Lustysex (http://www.adam4adam.com/?p=Lustysex)
Sunday, December 25, 2011 12:13 PM
I doubt you're a Commander.

I believe these snarky comments are sent to me because I have the gall to be open about the fact, in my profile, that I am in the military.

I agree completely with Lusty that the uniform is both sacred and professional. I also agree that, especially with the recent repeal of DADT, it is a show of pride to state openly that one is in the military on a gay-oriented website.

What I disagree with is someone, especially someone who has likely never served, flaming someone else for a choice they've made about what to put or depict in one's profile on a public website.

I guess I am just too much of an officer and a gentleman to understand this kind of rudeness because, yes, I really am a Commander. Sigh.

At least this is what THIS DADDY thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment