Subtitle:

An Opinionated Daddy's View of Life

Sunday, December 30, 2012

How Did You Meet Your Daddy or Boy?

I saw on REDDIT today, a thread with that title. (How Did You Meet Your Daddy or Boy? )    The thread, submitted ago by daddys_boy88, asking the question, "I know there are a few people in relationships on here and I was just wondering where people generally meet their partners. I'm just curious to hear of other people's experiences and I'm sure others are, too. I would love to hear some good stories here."

I've often wondered the same thing myself.  As I've said before, I have tended, in my own socially, dysfunctional way, to meet the guys I date online or through personal ads.  I think only 3 times in all my years of chasing tail, have I met guys in social situations which lead to some kind of relationship or another.  I met one guy at church...he hit on me.  I met another guy at a Halloween party...my little brother called me at the last minute saying, "...you need to find a costume and get to this party...there are people like YOU here..." And, I met my first love at a dance recital...I walked in, told the friend I was with, "I am going to get laid tonight if it kills me."  I looked over, saw a cute guy (obviously gay...you know how sometimes, even from across a room, you can just tell) and the rest, as they say, is history.

Sam, my former and likely last young man, and I met on Daddyhunt.  We'd cruised each other's profiles a couple of times, each assuming we didn't meet the standards listed by the other.  Well, it turned out we were both wrong.  Even though he was actually dating someone else at the time and we were just supposed to be 'hook up buddies,' we hit it off and fell in love.

It was really interesting to read the responses.

At least, that is what THIS DADDY thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment