Subtitle:

An Opinionated Daddy's View of Life

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

You WILL be Attracted to Whom I Think You Should be Attracted!

Why is it that when you specify or state a 'type' preference (for me it is taller, smoother, younger guys, ideally total bottoms) that some guys confuse that 'preference' with an expectation or sense of entitlement to receive the attention of guys of that type? Whenever I post online (DH,SD, MH, Craigs, etc.) I receive all sorts of flaming emails about how unrealistic it is for me to desire who (or is it whom?) I desire? It is as if they (those doing the flaming) get to decide to whom I should be attracted. I don't get that. I don't know about you, casual reader, but I am not capable, not at all, of dating/hooking up/romancing someone to whom I have no attraction. The fact that I have a 'type' in no way indicates that I think I 'deserve' for guys who look like that to desire me, it just means I know what I like. I am, for heaven's sake, a middle aged man, whose been 'dating' etc. for over a quarter of a century. I think by now I have a pretty good sense of what makes 'Mr. Happy' smile. If my 'tastes' are too narrow then I am the one that 'suffers' if I can't find guys who fall into my taste spectrum into whose taste spectrum I also fall. It is the height of pretentiousness for someone else to criticize me for having a preference, and 'demanding' that I change that preference. Sigh, I just don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment