Subtitle:

An Opinionated Daddy's View of Life

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

NOTE TO HUNTERS # 5: SOMETIMES DADDIES REALLY DO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.

I've DONE the whole bar thing. I had my heart broken. I’ve gotten fired. I've been poor. I’ve lived in a cold, damp, noisy studio apartment, subsisting on Top Raman, sleeping on a futon. I've been at the stage of life at which you find yourself, really. So, sometimes when I give advice, it would be nice, if you actually took it. Sure, I am not always right, and sometimes perhaps I should just keep my big mouth shut. But, really, I didn't get this far, without learning a few things. That doesn't mean I should be a bossy pr*ck who controls your life, but it does mean I have valuable insight to offer and sometimes you might want to just shut up and listen, even if just to humor us sometimes. One of the classic reasons, aside from our hot bodies and impressive sexual prowess, Hunters chase after Daddies is because we are more ‘mature’, ‘stable’, ‘experienced’. In all the years I’ve been a Daddy, I’ve seen many repetitions of what I’ve come to think of as the cycle of life of a typical ‘Daddy/Hunter’ relationship. Hunter meets Daddy. Daddy and Hunter have a ‘connection’. The attraction is fierce. The sex is great. The romance is intense. As things progress, the Daddy engages in the mentorship and experience sharing natural for an older guy, infatuated with a younger one. At first, the Hunter eagerly listens to everything the Daddy says, taking all of this thoughtfully offered advice and counsel in. Time passes. The infatuation cools. The routines of daily life begin to intrude. The Hunter starts making more and more of his own decisions, less and less often seeking the Daddy’s advice. The Hunter wants more and more to be respected for his intelligence and maturity, and less and less to be lusted after for his hot body and sexual skills. This makes many a Daddy frustrated, he does value his young swain for things other than his hotness, but as a Daddy, he wants to be respected and valued for his experience and maturity. So he bears down, giving more and more advice and more strongly insisting the Hunter take it. They clash, mean things are said, feelings are hurt, and the relationship ends. Look, being a Daddy does not give someone the right to be a patronizing manipulator, dominating the life of another, though some Daddies do live up this unfortunate stereotype. I would hope that any Hunter who was dating someone like that would get the h*ll out of such a relationship. It does mean, however, that Daddy has knowledge and experience of value that, being a Daddy, he is compelled to share. A smart Daddy learns when to press and when to step back maybe even knowing that the Hunter he loves is going to crash and burn. Personal growth occurs through learning life’s lessons. Sometimes it takes making a mistake, maybe even a big one to grow. A smart Daddy remembers this fact. A smart Hunter, though, quickly learns that sometimes Daddy really does know best.

At least this is what THIS DADDY thinks.

(Written for and submitted for publication by www.daddyhunt.com. Publication pending. http://www.daddyhunt.com/blog)


No comments:

Post a Comment