Subtitle:

An Opinionated Daddy's View of Life

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

It is Always Nice to Hear from a Reader.....

Well, not always of course.  You wouldn't believe the flaming comments or emails I get.  Oy!

Anyway, a very kind and thoughtful reader took the time to write a note, so I wanted to share it and my response to it. 

Dear Reader, thank you for the kind note.  I always appreciate hearing from those individuals to take the time to read my writing or the content which comes from other sources.

In my opinion, heart always wins out.  Clearly you have heart and therefore, you will find someone or someones who will see that and value it and want you to a share a part of it with them. 

The issue for you isn't if you will have a relationship, it is more how many disappointments will I experience before I find one of high quality.  No matter what your age, finding a quality relationship is hard.  And, whether you are 17 or 70, unfortunately, there will be miss fires and pain.  It is just the nature of the game.  The trick is to work through these miss fires, realizing that you may have little or no part of the dysfunction.  Too many folks get into less than successful relationships, get hurt, and then blame themselves.  You can't really have a successful relationship, well, at least most people can't, until you've had a less than successful relationship or two, so you know what really works for you.

My happiest, healthiest, most successful, and joyful relationship happened (as you know, if you've read my blog) in middle-age, with someone half my age.  Did it last, no, alas, but that isn't to be unexpected in such an extreme May/December relationship.  But was it full of joy and love, absolutely. 

Love will find you, trust me.  I am This Daddy, I know about this stuff, or so I tell myself, anyway.
At least, that is what THIS DADDY thinks.


--------------------------------------------
On Tue, 12/23/14, XXX XXXXXX wrote:

 Subject: Thanks
 To: This Daddy
 Date: Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 8:47 PM
 

I just wanted to say I really appreciate your blog. I feel like I've learned a lot and even though I've never been in a relationship of my own, I believe I have a good idea on how to approach certain aspects of one.
I'm sorry to hear about the bad luck you've been having dating wise. The story you told about
 the date with the toothless local celebrity monger sounds as excruciating as it does hilarious. It's hard to imagine your having such a hard time. You sound like a great guy*;  more intelligent and thoughtful than most of the people I know where I'm from. I hope you find someone compatible in the near future. You sure do give me hope that I will too.

* AUTHOR'S NOTE:  CLEARLY THE READER DOESN'T KNOW THIS DADDY VERY WELL, AS MOST FOLKS THINK HE IS A TOTAL PR*CK. AS THEY SAY, YOU CAN FOOL SOME OF THE PEOPLE....:)

No comments:

Post a Comment