Subtitle:

An Opinionated Daddy's View of Life

Thursday, December 25, 2014

MY (BABY BLUE) MARINE

Back in the mid-70's, a terrible, really terrible movie was produced called, "Baby Blue Marine." It starred one of my childhood crushes, Jan Michael Vincent.  We all have them, those boys or men in the media who get us all hot and bothered, even before we are old enough to know about what it was we are becoming all hot and bothered.

Blond, blue-eyed, masculine, handsome, virile, stoic, built like a brick sh*thouse, yet shy and sweet (at least so were most of the characters he played), he was like some Viking or Marine come to life.  And, like all such youthful crushes, I dreamed that one day I'd find my own such strapping, young fellow. Well, as we all know, dreams don't come true, now do they?  

Really? Having always wanted to have my own, personal version of Jan MIchael Vincent, ideally a Marine, suddenly at the advanced age of 52, I seem to have one.  Well, sort of.  

As I've mentioned before, occasionally I place personal ads in various venues, just to sort of keep my hand in and make it clear that I've not given up on finding love again completely. And, as you've likely read in previous postings, these ads rarely if ever result in anything of substance. 

Anyway, one day into my SPAM mail box (often when I post a personal ad to a particular website, responses end up there), popped a message that looked a lot one of  'those' kind of messages. You know the kind I mean, if you have a profile on a website or an app, you get those, 'Hi, I am Iggy, I am American fighting man, currently deployed to Ghana, looking for love..." IM's.  I must not be the only fellow that gets them. At first, I thought, 'okay, this must be another one of those scam messages.' From someone with a less than common name, language slightly stilted, after the first read, I was just going to delete it.  Still...the telephone number was local and something about it sounded almost authentic:

Date:   Tuesday, November 4, 2014 4:37 PM
From:   Less than Common Name
To:       THIS DADDY
I like talking to people if you want to know more about me you can call me if you want to XXXXXXXXXX I mean I'll tell you what you want to know about me 

After thinking about it for a couple of days, I decided I didn't have anything to lose, so I decided to respond.  First, as one does these says, since I had been provided with a name, I googled it.  And, yes, there really was someone with that less than common name.  Next, I checked on a social networking site or two and sure enough, that less than common name belonged to a tall, handsome, young (30-ish), brave (two tours in a war zone), blond, blue-eyed United States Marine.  

So, admittedly feeling a bit silly, not having had much luck, and not with any real expectations, I responded to the email, providing my own phone number, suggesting that perhaps we should start exchanging txts. And, exchange texts we did.  That led to exchanging pictures, SKYPING, and finally meeting in person.  And in person, he was everything I thought he'd be and more.

Okay, before this all seems too perfect, let's take a breath.  As in really life nothing is ever perfect. Like in any new such connection, as the chatting goes on, the layers of the onion get peeled back. And, under each layer there was a surprise.  First, it turned out he is bi.  Not gay but willing to sleep with women, bi.  Second, not only was he bi, but actively dating a woman (though in a long-distance relationship).  Third, as if being bi wasn't enough, he'd never actually been with a guy before sleeping with me.  Fourth, just before the beginning of the new year, he was scheduled to deploy overseas for more than a year.  

Still, with all of that, we seemed drawn to each other.  And, we made the best of the short time we had before he was schedule to depart.  And what a special time it has been. 

When you are close to a Marine, usually a familial or spousal kind of relationship, it is tradition to refer to them as, 'My Marine.'  Well, in very short order, this particular Marine became 'mine.' Sexy beyond belief (I mean, his body is a work of art), he is also interesting, sweet, and affectionate. Boyish, yet completely manly, he appears to be a Marine's Marine.  A bit damaged, he suffers from PTSD, having lost friends (or as he calls them brothers) while in combat, he is strong and forward-looking. Marines are often thought of as, 'young, dumb, and full of cum.'  In my 35 years of service, few (if any) with whom I've served have really been like that.  Oh, they may be young and full of cum, which is all a part of their particular charm, but the Marines with whom I've served have been more renaissance man than ruffian. 
 
My Marine is no different.  Okay, he is a little rough around the edges:  he smokes; he snores; he has tattoos; he doesn't wash his hands after he pees; he has really ugly feet, which smell sometimes (remember, having been in combat, he is used to wearing the same socks for long periods); but, he is also: kind; thoughtful; interesting; cuddly; gentle; a good kisser; and he has a smile that makes me weak at the knees. 
  
Yes, yes, I know, what with him being bi, a virgin, etc., chances of anything serious or long-lasting happening between us are slim to none. Throw in the fact that he'll be overseas for more than a year, and between all of those things, this interaction has disaster written all over it.  And yet...

I am blessed to have shared the special time with him so far, and continue to blessed to have him in my heart as he deploys.  Who knows what will happen in the future.  I have no expectations.  I am just enjoying our interactions, each more than the next.

Stay safe, be good my Marine. Semper Fi!

At least, that is what THIS DADDY thinks.


NEW! Marines Hymn - (as you've never heard it before)

 jason reed

No comments:

Post a Comment